The 2021 North Carolina Planning Conference Committee is excited to announce that Session Proposals are now being accepted. This year our event will be presented as a hybrid conference. Sessions will be hosted virtually and in-person October 6-8 at the Durham Convention Center.
Session organizers (both virtual and in-person) are not only encouraged to submit sessions that include current issues, trends, challenges, and solutions that are shaping planning today, but also proposals that center around our conference theme - Equity: Recognition & Reset.
When submitting proposals, organizers are reminded:
- Session proposals will not be accepted unless all required information has been completed.
- All session organizers must choose whether they would like to present their session virtually or in-person. Although in-person sessions may also be streamed virtually.
- For those session organizers and additional speakers that choose to participate in-person, we asked that they block out October 6-8 on their schedules until sessions are selected and time slots for those sessions are determined. APA-NC cannot take requests for specific dates and times.
- All lecture sessions will be 60 minutes in length. Complete Lightning Round Sessions may have up to 4 mini-presentations (selected from separate proposals) that are assembled into a combined session of 60 minutes (15 minutes per topic, 1 speaker per topic). Workshops will be virtual and may take place prior to Oct. 6-8. Workshops should be approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hrs in length.
- Mobile Workshops must be at least 1 hour in length and no longer than 3 hours maximum. Priority will be given to mobile workshops that are within walking/riding distance of the convention center to ensure social distancing guidelines.
- Sessions proposals are reviewed based upon the following criteria: connection to conference theme, quality of the program proposal; contribution to the mission of the Chapter; content of program goals & outcomes; program delivery style; creativity.
- No presenter is allowed to present in more than two (2) sessions.
- Please note that you should receive an email notification after you have successfully submitted your form.
- To ensure the safety of all conference participants during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will adhere to the Reopening Precautions set by the Durham Convention Center.
A complete list of Speaker Guidelines & Information will be posted on the conference webpage shortly.